Elections for 2015 – 2016 Staff Assembly Council Officers

Staff Assembly Council Elections

Elections are now being conducted for the 2015 – 2016 Staff Assembly Council

Polling opens: Thursday, May 14th, 2015 at 7:00am

Polling closes: Wednesday, May 20th, 2015 at 5:00pm

Vote online through EEE Survey.

Our goal is to provide expanded opportunities for your involvement in Staff Assembly and to build an organization that has a positive influence on the future of UCI in a rapidly changing workplace.

If you would like to participate in a non-elected position with Staff Assembly, email Vice Chair Stephanie Fix or contact any committee chair. Committee descriptions and contacts are available on the Council Committees page.

Positions and Candidates

Statements have been provided by each of the candidates and are included below.

Finance Chair Elect

• Robert Burg
  • Jin Chae

CUCSA Junior Delegate

• Patricia Anderson
  • Adriana Collins
  • Stephane Muller

Council Communications and Special Programs Officer

• Megan Enciso

Vice Chair

• Jeremy Thacker

Candidate Statements

Finance Chair Elect

Robert Burg
Dean’s Office, School of Humanities
Finance Analyst
3 years of service
Candidate Statement:

Hello, my name is Robert Burg. I currently work as a Finance Analyst within the Dean’s Office in the School of Humanities. I am a proud alum of UCI and am happy to still be a part of the Anteater community. I started my career with the School of Law as an Assistant Finance Analyst, where I developed the interest in finance and a passion for customer service.  During my time both at the School of Law and the School of Humanities, I compiled various types of financial reports, and have gained valuable experience in financial management. I am honored to have been nominated and excited to have the opportunity to be part of Staff Assembly.

Jin Chae
Dean’s Office, School of Social Sciences
Senior Financial Analyst
10 years of service
Candidate Statement:

This nomination to serve as the Finance Chair-Elect is a true honor and privilege. As a former student and a proud graduate of UC Irvine, it is with true dedication and desire to effectively assist the UCI Staff Assembly funds. This is my 10th year with UC Irvine as a staff member. I have served as a PayQuest Disbursement Analyst at Central Accounting and Contracts & Grants Analyst at Neurobiology & Behavior in School of Biological Sciences. Currently, serving as a Senior Financial Analyst for School of Social Sciences Dean’s Office for the past 8 years, I personally and successfully manage extended range of financial funds for various entities throughout the departments. The funds range from complex state/federal grants to more basic accounting. With the accumulated financial experience, I hope to serve my colleagues and peers with much transparency, efficiency, and collaboration to meet and exceed its role as the Finance Chair-Elect. Again, thank you for this opportunity and hope to become a positive impact for the Staff Assembly team.

CUCSA Junior Delegate

Patricia Anderson
CUCSA Jr. Delegate
Center for Educational Partnerships/Office of Admissions & Relations with Schools
25 years of service
Statement:

With 25 years of UC service, I hold a long-term view of matters that affect staff – from achieving
work/life balance to staff equity, advancement and diversity. I have participated in Staff Assembly in the
past as a Campus Representative-At-Large and participate in as many Staff Assembly events throughout the year. I also have experience as a Human Resources manager for two large departments with a variety of career and contract staff. I think these experiences have strengthened my knowledge of staff issues, not necessarily from a Human Resources perspective, but from the work-life perspective. As a CUCSA delegate, I would represent UCI and promote the betterment of staff affairs, much like Academic Affairs and Student Affairs promote academics and students on campus.

Adriana Collins
Academic Senate
Graduate Council Analyst
3+ years of service
Candidate Statement:

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to vote for your Staff Assembly representatives. My name is Adriana Collins and I am running for the Junior Delegate position for the Council of UC Staff Assemblies, otherwise known as CUCSA. What is that you ask? CUCSA works as a group, with two representatives from each UC campus, to enhance communication within the University Community on matters of interest to staff employees. For example, this year the CUCSA delegation focused on issues such as staff educational benefits, retention, advancement, and information technology strategic sourcing. I became interested in running for this position when I began working for the Academic Senate and learned what a pivotal role policy has in our everyday lives. For the past two years I have served as Co-Chair of Web Communications for Staff Assembly and with my awesome Co-Chair, Jeremy Thacker in OIT, launched the new Staff Assembly website. Staff Assembly has been a wonderful community for me to be a part of and it would be an honor to represent the UCI staff community in this new role. Thank you for your consideration.

Stephane Muller
Business Programs Department, UCI Extension
Director
7 years of service
Candidate Statement:

Dear UCI Staff members,

Given my origins from France, and having worked in Higher Education for the last 17 years in 8 countries around the world, before settling down in California, I possess an inherent sense of diversity and multiculturalism. Knowing the value of team building and its impact on staff productivity, satisfaction and integration, I am honored to run for Junior Delegate of the Council of the University of California Staff Assemblies.

I have been involved with University of California since 2008 as an instructor and program director at UCLA Extension and joined UCI Extension 7 months ago as the Director of the Business Programs Department. I am interested in serving because the Staff Assembly mission is directly in line with why I chose to work at UCI. I would like to serve as a voice for our staff community and engage in discourse on important issues that are affecting us.

Vice Chair

Jeremy Thacker
Office of Information Technology
Software Engineer
3 years of service
Candidate Statement:

I’m Jeremy Thacker, a software engineer for OIT, and it is my honor run for Staff Assembly Vice-Chair. As a graduate of UCI’s Donald Bren School of ICS, my connection to this campus runs deep. One year into my employment with UCI, I became involved with Staff Assembly where I served as Web Communications Co-chair. In that role, I helped coordinate a successful effort to re-launch the Staff Assembly website in a more appealing, accessible, and informative format. My extensive leadership experience extends off campus, where I coordinate a leadership training program for a national community service fraternity. My hope is that, as Vice-Chair, I could bring my brand of collaboration-oriented servant leadership to Staff Assembly, securing new resources, empowering committees to extend their programs, and increasing the good done on campus by this organization.

Megan Enciso
Arts Student Affairs, Claire Trevor School of the Arts
Academic Counselor and Graduate Program Administrator
3 years of service
Candidate Statement:

Serving students in higher education has always been a passion of mine, connecting students with faculty and staff, and helping them achieve their goals. I have witnessed great pride and love from the staff working at UCI, and I continue to search for other ways I can contribute to this campus. As the current Council Communications and Special Programs Office, I’ve witnessed first-hand how Staff Assembly is a great opportunity to connect with staff from across campus, and give back to all of the hard-working people. Please consider voting for me for the Staff Assembly Council Communications and Special Programs Officer role.